(Why we collect your personal data and what we do with it)
When you supply your personal details to this clinic they are stored and processed for 4 reasons (the bits in bold are the relevant terms used in the Data protection Act 2018, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation – i.e. the law):
- I need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that I would not be able to provide treatment.
- We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it I couldn’t do my job effectively and safely.
- I also think that it is important that I can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with me or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided I have your consent, I may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let me know by any convenient method.
I have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is
longer), but after this period you can ask me to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, I will retain your records
indefinitely in order that I can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see me at some future date.
I will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following
people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
- Myself, Claire Collins, in order that I can provide you with treatment
- Bristol Chiropractic reception staff, because they organise my diary, and coordinate appointments and reminders (but they do not have access to your medical history or sensitive personal information)
I may also use Mailchimp to coordinate my marketing, so if you opt to be added to our marketing list your name and email address may be saved on their server. If you did not opt in – you may be added on email request. You can unsubscribe using the link on the latest Newsletter.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors.
Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
Bristol Chiropractic Clinic
2 Kellaway Avenue, Bristol BS6 7XR
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Google Analytics Cookies
Refusing or Deleting Cookies
You may refuse or delete cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse or delete the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
You may opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site - for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.